University Bachelor of Technology (B.U.T) in Applied Physics
This recognized university course equips students to become technical executives skilled to carry out and analyse numerous measurements imposed by modern technique within automated production floors, laboratories as well as test, development and control facilities. These middle managers will be trained in areas such as experimenting, measuring, collecting samples and monitoring automated systems.
At the IUT Montpellier-Sète, we offer 2 study tracks for theB.U.T in Applied Physics:
- Instrumentation Techniques (TI),
- Materials and Physico-chemical Controls (MCPC).
Students must choose between these two study tracks at the end of the 1styear of the course.
Full-time three-year course, divided into six semesters for a total of2 000 hours of classes.
You will earn180 E.C.T.S creditsupon graduating from this course.
The course is taught in the form of lectures and tutorials. Students are graded based oncontinuous assessment. Students gain experience in professional situations through internships, projects and multidisciplinary activities.
22 to 26 weeks as an intern, spread out across the 2nd and 3rd year.
600 hours dedicated to projects across the 3-year course.
You will develop various skills over the course of the B.U.T in Applied Physics:
- Conducting a measurement campaign
- Applying metrology and quality processing
- Implementing a measurement and instrumentation chain
- Characterising physical and chemical quantities as well as the properties of a material
- Defining measurement specifications within an environmental approach
Please contact the International Office:email@example.com
Department Website (in French)
Tel. : +33 (0) 4 99 58 50 21