A technician in aeronautical maintenance and tests possesses several skills, such as:
- Managing and organising aircraft maintenance operations.
- Performing tests and utilising the results.
- Writing procedures and technical reports.
- Teamwork, supervision.
- Technical communication, including in English.
The Vocational Bachelor’s in Aircraft Systems Maintenance (MSA) trains students to become middle managers, specialised in organisation, technical execution and supervision of aircraft and aircraft-related systems maintenance. They can also take part in aeronautical tests.
Graduates can therefore become professionals in aeronautics who can pursue careers as technicians or workshop managers, dealing with tests, quality or aeronautical maintenance, specifically regarding aircraft and flight instruments in the following fields
- aircraft maintenance companies,
- airline companies,
- aeronautical manufacturers,
- Electrification, control systems, avionics
- Maintenance techniques, aeronautical regulations
- Mechanics, Fluid mechanics, Aircraft flight mechanics, aerodynamics
- Non-destructive testing
- Mathematical modelling
- Communication, company life
- Professional English
- Multidisciplinary teachings (430 hours) focusing on aeronautical maintenance, including aircraft systems:
– Aeronautical maintenance methods
– Regulation (PART 145 PART M), ATA chapters
– Aircraft electrification, aeronautical control systems
– Aircraft systems
– Aircraft flight mechanics, Aerodynamic models
– Non-destructive testing methods
– Corporate communication, English
- Refresher courses depending on previous studies (20 hours)
- Projects (120 hours)
- Personalised monitoring for all students
Training only accessible through a work-study programme
- A total 17 weeks of classes and 31 weeks in a company
- Work-study schedule: alternating between a month in class and a month working for the company.
After the course:
There are no statistics for this course yet (first launched in September 2018) but similar courses in other French schools report very high rates of professional integration (100% professional integration within 3 to 6 months of graduating).