University Bachelor of Technology (B.U.T): Biological Engineering
Equip students to become multi-purpose qualified technicians, engineer assistants, working in the fields of human health and care, animal health, biotechnologies, in sectors such as food technology, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, biotechnology and institutional catering or to work as dieticians.
At the IUT Montpellier-Sète, we offer 3 study tracks for theB.U.T in Biological Engineering:
- Medical Biology and biotechnology
- Food sciences and biotechnology
- Dietetics and Nutrition
These study tracks are taught from the 1st year of the course.
Full-time three-year course, divided into six semesters for a total of2 000 hours of classes.
You will earn180 E.C.T.S creditsupon graduating from this course.
The course is taught in the form of lectures and tutorials. Students are graded based oncontinuous assessment. Students gain experience in professional situations through internships, projects and multidisciplinary activities.
22 to 26 weeks as an intern during the 2nd and 3rd year.
600 hours working on projects throughout the 3-year course.
You will develop various skills over the course of the B.U.T in Biological Engineering.
> Food Sciences and Biotechnology:
- Monitoring quality
- Organizing food production and biomolecules
- Innovating within Food Sciences and Biotechnology
> Dietetics et nutrition:
- Formulating adapted, healthy and sustainable diets.
- Leading a nutritional care pathway process, coach healthy
- and sick people.
- Carrying out analyses and lead experiments
- in the fields of biology.
> Medical Biology and Biotechnology:
- Joining the healthcare sector (laboratories and centers for medical analysis, research, public and private R&D, pharmaceutical industry, drugs or cosmetics.
- Gaining skills for the smooth running of modern techniques used in leading lab experiments, development of innovative products within the field of health biotechnologies.
Please contact the International Office:firstname.lastname@example.org
Department website (in French)
Tel. : +33 (0) 4 99 58 50 21