- Choosing and implementing the appropriate sensors for intended tests, and taking part in designing and producing integrated sensors and microsystems.
- Conducting mechanical, thermal and electrical tests on materials, instruments and systems in fields such as nuclear energy and the automotive industry.
- Planning and monitoring experiments, reports, metrological periodicities or production processes.
- Processing signals and data, and automating their acquisition.
- Implementing a quality initiative in an industrial environment.
- Writing (reports…) and public speaking (meetings…) in a clear and succinct manner, both in French and in English.
- Teamwork and team leadership as a project leader.
- Taking into account a company’s political, social and economic environment.
Graduates from the “Careers in Measurement, Instrumentation and Controls” Vocational Bachelor’s (LP MMIC) course become the interface between project and quality engineers and technicians from any of the various industrial sectors (nuclear and renewable energies, aeronautics, automotive, medical, etc.). There are therefore numerous job opportunities, giving our graduates the chance to be hired quickly after completing the course.
Career prospects include: technical assistant for a research engineer, Research & Development or quality assistant for a specific industry.
- Metrology, Tests, Quality
- Materials, Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Nuclear Power
- Electronics, Instrumentation software
- Sensors and microsystems
- Communication, Corporate culture, Expression, Communication
- Computer science for modelling and scientific computing
- Industrial project management
The course comprises:
- 450 hours of multidisciplinary teachings (see course content)
- 50 hours of refresher courses
- 120 hours on projects
- Personalised monitoring for all students (including those in the work-study programme)
- 22 weeks in class and 30 weeks working with a company, alternating between 5 to 6 weeks of classes and 3 to 13 weeks in the company.
After the course:
- Professional integration rate for graduates: 81% after 18 and 30 months
- Percentage of students pursuing further studies or resuming higher education: 19%
- Further studies (engineering schools, Bachelor’s, Master’s)
- Average net salary/month: 1497€
- Jobs in the French Occitanie region: 46%
- Open-ended contracts: 92%