VOCATIONAL BACHELOR’S DEGREE: CAREERS IN PACKAGING (ALIPACK)
Study track: Quality, safety and environmental impact of food and packaging (ALIPACK)
“Alipack” is based on a multidisciplinary approach for a long-term and all-encompassing vision of the “packaging/product” pairing. This course stands out because of the focus on the choice of biological product itself, along with the specific requirements that come with it, which are crucial when implementing any given type of packaging. Through its various functions, packaging has become a key tool in preserving the quality of different food products.
Graduates from our “Alipack” course are specialised in the food/packaging pairing and are highly skilled regarding the quality, safety, and environmental impact of packaged products.
- They have mastered food transformation and storage strategies, particularly regarding Mediterranean products (wine, cheese, fruits and vegetables), and different packaging materials (nature, production, functions, properties andpackaging products).
- They can pursue careers in food processing and packaging.
- They can also join cosmetic or pharmaceutical companies or consultancy agencies, analysis laboratories and Research & Development laboratories for factories producing ready-cooked meals for non-domestic use and mass distribution.
This course leads to opportunities in the food processing and packaging sectors. Graduates can also join cosmetic or pharmaceutical companies or consultancy agencies, analysis laboratories and Research & Development laboratories for factories producing ready-cooked meals for non-domestic use and mass distribution. They could either work for R&D, quality, packaging, and production services, or purchasing and sales departments within these different companies.
Examples of projects carried out within companies:
- Studying how to preserve fresh tapenade, and creating a product’s packaging (Domaine de l’Oulivie).
- Checking that a type of microwavable packaging can be in contact with food (Charal).
- Creating packaging for a particular brand of olive oil (L’or jaune).
Examples of past internships:
- Implementing methodology guidelines for the compost branch and taking part in the quality, safety, and environment initiative (Syndicat Centre Hérault).
- Updating and implementing documents for the quality department within the framework of the ISO 9001 standard (Syndicat général des Vignerons des Côtes du Rhône).
- Optimising the cooling and storing systems for YOP bottles (Yoplait).
- Food engineering and preservation (food technology, food microbiology and physico-chemistry of food)
- Materials science, packaging engineering, packaging materials
- Safety of food contact materials
- Waste management, environmental impact of foods and packaging
- General training and preparation for work within a company: English, business administration, statistics, scientific writing
This is a one-year programme, starting in September.
The schedule for the work-study programme is as follows: 3 to 5 weeks of classes followed by 4 weeks working for a company (before starting full-time work for the company full-time in April). This amounts to a total of 16 weeks of training and 36 weeks work.
You will earn 60 European credits (ECTS) upon graduating from the course.
Click here to find all information
Jobs found after graduation (for students with a Vocational Bachelor’s degree or higher qualifications):
- Technician: 67%
- Engineer: 17%
- Employee: 8%
- Other positions (civil service, etc): 8%
Department webiste (in French)
Tel. : +33 (0) 4 99 58 50 21