VOCATIONAL BACHELOR’S DEGREE: MATERIALS PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY
Study track: Polymers for industry and the environment (PIE)
The Chemistry Department offers a vocational Bachelor’s degree specialised in the creation and technology of polymer materials for industry and the environment. This course, managed through close collaboration between the IUT Montpellier-Sète and the Faculty of Science at Montpellier University, is taught at the Chimie Balard site. Its main objective is to train middle managers who are highly qualified in polymer materials and their application in industry and the environment.
Thanks to this Chemistry degree, you can become a true expert in different fields in order to earn a high level of qualification in:
- Creating and characterising polymer materials,
- Formulating these polymers for industry and the environment.
The course can lead to jobs in the following industries:
- Aeronautics and pneumatics,
- Paints, resins and varnishes,
- Surface finishings, insulation,
- Cosmetics and biomedical,
- New energies,
Jobs: assistant engineer in Research and development (R&D), technical project supervisor in R&D, Production supervisor, account manager, product manufacturer for technical sales representatives
- Synthesis, polymer properties and characterisation
- Expression – Communication – English – project leadership
- Organic chemistry and synthesis
- Industrial polymers
- Speciality polymers
- Hygiene and safety
- More than 25% of the course is taught by professionals.
- 8 course units on theory and experiments over 2 semesters.
- Teachings that are multidisciplinary (150 hours) and polymer-specific (300 hours).
- Project: 110 hours.
- A 17-week internship.
- Earn 60 European credits (ECTS) upon graduating from this degree.
- Lectures / tutorials (58%)
- Practicals (22%)
- Project (20%)
Click here to find all information
After the course, you will have learned how to:
- Work alone, in a team or in a leadership role,
- Successfully complete a research and development mission, in collaboration with a project manager,
- Master the basic operations for creating organic monomers and polymers,
- Master the methods for characterising and studying the mechanical and physico-chemical properties of different materials.
The aim of the “Polymers for industry and the environment” Vocational Bachelor’s Degree is the immediate professional integration of our graduates.
A professional integration rate of over 70% within a year of graduating.
Tel. : +33 (0) 4 99 58 50 21